All of the action within groups takes place in rooms. With different rooms for different topics, purposes, or sub-groups, groups stay more organized - allowing people to tune into the conversations they care about, without being overwhelmed by the rest.
This page will go through the room types, what you can do in each and how to join or leave rooms in the group. For information on how to add, remove or update rooms within a group check out Creating + Editing Rooms
Groups mix and match 5 different kinds of rooms to create the perfect setup:
- Chat Rooms: chat in real time with text, pics, videos, GIFs, mentions, replies, reactions, polls, pins, and more. You can also create a meetup or an event to bring your people together.
- Forum Rooms: create and share posts with all the fun stuff from chat rooms (pics, videos, GIFs, mentions, etc), plus rich text formatting and sorts & filters by most recent, most commented on, and more
- Video Rooms: pop-in to hang out with up to 16 people at a time
- Audio Rooms: talk live with up to 99 people; it’s like a big group phone call
- Broadcast Rooms: up to 8 people can broadcast live to an audience of up to 5,000